Milk and Weaning eBook
The Milk and Weaning eBook is the most downloaded resource in our online courses. You can purchase it on its own here, or get it as part of our online Infant Course or Toddler/Kid Course. This eBook is a complete guide on weaning from the breast or bottle, extended breastfeeding, choosing a milk (or not), selecting cow’s milk vs. a non-dairy milk, and helping your child stay hydrated. It also covers troubleshooting common issues with these processes.
This eBook is from a developmentally- and nutritionally-appropriate perspective that honors the family dynamic, mother’s (and baby’s) wishes, and goals and philosophies of each individual scenario. It does not emphasize that only one approach is appropriate for all families. It is inclusive and non-judgmental.
- What does this eBook include?
- Preparing for weaning and cup drinking
- Your options about milk
- How to meet your child’s needs with or without milk
- Vitamin D and supplementation
- Extended breastfeeding
- Toddler formula – is it necessary?
- Why is prolonged breastfeeding recommended but toddler formula isn’t?
- What about Pediasure and other shakes that promote growth?
- Selecting a milk for your child
- What if I don’t want to serve cow’s milk?
- What about almond or other nut milks?
- When should I serve milk?
- My child is allergic to dairy – what do I do?
- What if I don’t want to serve dairy?
- Does my child need a calcium supplement?
- Strategies for weaning from the breast
- What if my toddler won’t drink milk from a cup?
- Continuing to breastfeed a toddler
- Weaning from the Bottle
- Your toddler’s water needs
- How do I get my toddler to drink more water?
A comprehensive ebook about weaning, milk options, nutritional needs, extended breastfeeding, preparing for cups, a milk comparison chart, and more.